Re: Newby Question

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Newby Question
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 00:49:16 -0400

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 17:28 -0700, Casper3912 wrote:
> Here is my make file:
> # Make File For AHeapOfStudents Project
>
> CC = g++
> CFLAGS = -g
> CMD = AHeapOfStudents_exec
>
> OBJS = Main.o Student.o Address.o Date.o Name.o Proformance.o
> CCFILES = Main.cc Student.cc Address.cc Date.cc Name.cc Proformance.cc
> HFILES = Student.h Address.h Date.h Name.h Proformance.h
>
> $(CMD):       $(OBJS)
>       $(CC)  -o $(CMD) $(OBJS)
>
> Main.o:       Main.cc Student.h
>       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c Main.cc
>
> Student.o:    Student.cc Address.h Date.h Name.h Performance.h
>       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c Student.cc
>
> Address.o:    Address.cc Address.h
>       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c Address.cc
>
> Date.o:       Date.cc Date.h
>       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c Date.cc
>
> Name.o:       Name.cc Name.h
>       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c Name.cc
>
> Performance.o:        Performance.cc Performance.h
>       $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c Performance.cc
>

> And here is the response when I attempt to build:
>

> make Main
> g++     Main.cpp   -o Main

Why are you trying to build something called "Main" (by passing the
argument "Main" to the make command) when your makefile says the command
you want to build is "AHeapOfStudents_exec" ?

Also where did this "Main.cpp" file come from?  Your makefile says your
source files end in ".cc", not ".cpp".

The output you show doesn't match at all what your makefile says, so
there's something missing here.