newbie first makefile question - ms compiler

From: AngusC
Subject: newbie first makefile question - ms compiler
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:25:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I want to start using make - on Windows using ms vc++ compiler.  I want to
eventually create cross platform makefiles.

I need to invoke the ms compiler and the samples I have seen use nmake or
non windows samples.

My makefile looks like this
angustest.exe:  angustest.obj
link.exe /NOLOGO -subsystem:console,4.0 libcpmt.lib user32.lib
/out:angustest.exe angustest.obj

angustest.obj:  angustest.cpp
cl /GR /nologo /MTd /W3 /GB /GX /Gi- /Z7 /Od /GZ -c angustest.cpp

And my source file (angustest.cpp) looks like this:
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(){
  cout << "Hellow world!";
  return 0;
}

I am getting error:
makefile:2: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

Its probably something really obvious, can anyone help?

Angus