Substring function (GMSL)

From: Michael Ludwig
Subject: Substring function (GMSL)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 11:58:11 +0200

VPATH = 01-eins 02-zwei 03-drei 11-elf

What could I do to transform the VPATH input list
such as to obtain the following output list?

EXEN = eins.exe zwei.exe drei.exe elf.exe

(Strip the leading number and add the suffix.)

==== Solution ====

http://gmsl.sourceforge.net/ GNU Make Standard Library

Okay, I did some more googling and found a solution
involving the *map* and *substr* functions from GMSL:

include D:/Opt/MakeGMSL/gmsl

dir2exe = $(call substr,$1,4,99).exe

EXEN = $(call map,dir2exe,$(VPATH))

I didn't know about GMSL before. Considered useful.
No further questions for today, just posting for the
archives. Thanks.

Michael