help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Mac OS X

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 23:00:22 -0400

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 03:40:07PM -0400, Sujay D'Souza wrote:
> Hello, was wondering if anyone has been able to build nano under Mac OS X?
>
> I have attempted to complile it under osx and here are the errors i get, any
> input would be appreciated.

Sujay,

        I'm sorry for not getting back to you earlier.  Nano requires
ncurses in order to compile.  For some reason Apple decided only to
include a System V curses-type curses which lacks a lot of things nano
makes use of.  It is in the back of my mind to one day get nano working
with System V curses but so far I haven't had time to do so.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001