help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] read in (^R)

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] read in (^R)
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:11:58 +0200

Hi Matthew,

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 01:21:03AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> I've recently noticed, to my dismay, that the ^R option has changed from
> inserting the specified file into the one being edited to switching to
> editing the specified file.  The old behavior occurs in 1.1.1 (in Redhat)
> and the new bahavior occurs in 1.1.8 (in Debian).  I really liked the old
> behavior, is there some way to get it back?

The Debian package ships by default multibuffers enabled, and ^R opens a
new buffer with the inserted file. If you want the old behaviour, just
modify the global /etc/nanorc or use a ~/.nanorc without "set
multibuffer"

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez || address@hidden || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || address@hidden      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E