help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] aspell

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] aspell
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:39:05 -0800

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:34:07AM -0500, Landy Roman wrote:
> tried to invoke nano -s aspell or nano --speller=aspell
>
> but when i try to spell it tells me could not invoke 'aspell'
>
> ideas?
>
> also what is the default speller for nano b/c it did not work either

Hi Landy,

        Basically to use -s with nano, you must pass a command that will
understand a filename.  If you use "aspell -c" it should work fine.  By
default, nano uses "spell <filename> | sort -f | uniq" to minimize
unique words you are prompted to correct.  I hope this helps.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001