help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] numlock bug

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] numlock bug
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:38:20 +0200

Hi Trevor,

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 11:50:33PM -0500, Trevor Cordes wrote:
> Ever since upgrading to RH9.0 and installing the nano 1.2.1 binary RPM I
> have been getting the error:
>
>   NumLock glitch detected.  Keypad will malfunction with NumLock off
>
> Whenever I try to press / * - or + on the numeric keypad.  This is with
> numlock ON.  I always have numlock on and never turn it off. The numeric
> keys, dot and enter all work, it's just the operator keys that don't.
>
> The results from pressing these op keys are:
>
> / = o
> * = j
> - = m
> + = k
>
> I'm using gnome-terminal with TERM=xterm
>
> This NEVER used to happen when I used an older nano (not sure which) on
> my old RH7.3 system.

My accusing finger points at your new gnome-terminal :)

I thought gnome-terminal 2.2 had fixed these problems, and AFAIK nano
worked quite well in RH8. Can you try using the mouse option? Start nano
with the -m option to see.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/