help-nano

[Help-nano] More Install problem

From: Domino
Subject: [Help-nano] More Install problem
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 00:01:35 -0800

I got some great help from a couple of you getting the right compiler version installed and solving some dependency issues.  That's done, and thanks to Jordi and Dave.  I've downloaded the nano tarball, uncompessed it and ran make and then make install.  I'm getting errors, or what I perceive as errors.  Nano won't run anyway. I'm a real Linux newbie so it could be something as simple as I don't know how to run nano.  I'm just entering "nano" at a shell prompt like I start vi.

I was root for make and make install. After, I try to run nano from a shell prompt and get "command not found".
Anyway during make and make install I see this:
In file included from proto.h:30,
    from color.c:31:
nano.h:54:21: curses.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [color.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving direcotyr '/root/dl/nano/nano-1.2.2'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Anyone shed some light here?   Thanks!
Janice