help-nano

[Help-nano] FC2 Gnome Terminal and stale chars

From: Philip Edelbrock
Subject: [Help-nano] FC2 Gnome Terminal and stale chars
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:23:47 -0700

I get stale text 'sticking' in areas of the editor window as I page around in a file. I can clear it by doing a ^L refresh, but clearly something isn't working/configured right to get it to not do this.

I turned on 'smooth scrolling', and that helps during scrolling, but when paging I still get stale text staying in areas where there isn't new text to stomp on the old stuff.

Also, a more minor issue I've experienced is that 'marking' (shift-control-6) isn't working.. but is that an old legacy pico thing?

Thanks!

Phil