help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] help for a micro distro

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] help for a micro distro
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:41:46 -0400

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 05:25:40PM +0200, Elio Blanca wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm trying to build a micro distro puttin' my favourite tools onto two
> floppy disks and i would like to use nano also, but when i launch 'nano'
> it doesn't open its window telling: "Error opening terminal: linux." and
> quits.
> So, what does this error mean? i really don't know. I have the
> environment variable TERM=linux and the file /etc/termcap does contain
> an entry called linux, what am i missing? Do i need some particular file?
> Thank you,
> topolinik

Hello,

        It's likely that ncurses was configured to use terminfo by
default, so you would need the file /usr/share/terminfo/l/linux.  Check
the manual page for ncurses, there may be a way to tell the library to
only use termcap without a recompile.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v2sw7CUPhw5ln6pr5Pck4ma7u7LFw0m6g/l7Di5e6t5Ab6THen7g6Ma29s5r3p7 hackerkey.com