help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Suppressing the trailing newline / linefeed

From: higuita
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Suppressing the trailing newline / linefeed
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:21:06 +0100

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 02:01:11 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Could anyone please tell me whether there is anyway to suppress the
> newline/linefeed which is normally added to the end of a saved text

        you can try cat > file
        press ctrl+d to end the file, before pressing enter

        AFAIK, no plain text editor dont add the newline, only hexeditors
        (or emacs maybe, as it have everything in it 8)

        good luck
higuita
--
Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a