help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] How to increase font size and window frame size

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] How to increase font size and window frame size
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:15:53 -0500

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 08:09:12PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Hi Jordi,
>
> Tks for your advice.
>
> > If you're using a GNOME Terminal, you can change the terminal size
> > with
> > Ctrl-+ and Ctrl--, and return to the original size with Ctrl-=.
>
> The above commands don't work on "nano" here but on web browser,
> Firefox.
>

> I'm running Xfce4 as desktop.  Because this box is a server only
> limited X packages installed.
>
> Is there anyway to configure nano's config file to make change on font
> size as well as its window size which is very small.  Mouse pointer has
> no effect on dragging its border.

Hi Stephen,

Nano does not control the font size of the terminal program, the
terminal program does that.  So the answer to your question varies
depending on which terminal program you are using.  For example, in
xterm (and xfterm I believe), you can hold control and right mouse
click to bring up a menu which allows some font size manipulation.  In
the kde konsole program you can click on the menu for Settings->font,
and gnome terminal as Jordi mentioned uses ctrl- + and ctrl -.  But
again, nano does not control your font size.  I hope this helps.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v3sw7CUPhw5ln6pr5Pck4ma7u7LFw0m6g/l7Di5e6t5Ab6THen7g6Ma29s5r3p7 hackerkey.com