help-nano

[Help-nano] Color Syntax Highlighting on Solaris 8 shows up as white and

From: Garth Dahlstrom
Subject: [Help-nano] Color Syntax Highlighting on Solaris 8 shows up as white and grey
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:29:49 -0500

Hi,

Some months back I managed to build nano 1.999 using "./configure --enable-all", I copied some of the .nanorc syntax highlighting from my linux box and I fired up nano using numerous different files that match the syntax highlight rules.

What happens on my servers is where colours should be applied I get white instead (when syntax highlighting is off everything is silver/grey).    I've tried different TERM settings like vt100, ansi, xterm, linux, but the result is the same...

I know putty with these term settings can display colour as I have a colour PS2 prompt and Midnight Commander works in colour.

Is something else I can try or some way to troubleshoot this?

Cheers,

-G

--
             __