help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Dos/ Mac/ Unix text files: Save after Edit

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Dos/ Mac/ Unix text files: Save after Edit
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:11:22 -0400

Hello Fergus,

I think this is a philosophical issue.  Generally text editors only
convert file format enough to allow you to edit a file.  Im not sure
it's the editor's job to change the file format on the end user, at
least without being told explicitly to do so. If you are saying you use
nano as your dos conversion utility, you can still save an originally
DOS-formatted file in unix format by toggling DOS format off before
saving, using Meta-D at the save prompt.

Alternatively if you're using the Win32 version of nano and it's not
properly loading or saving files, please let me know as that would
definiely be a bug.