help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Free flowing onscreen text

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Free flowing onscreen text
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:27:30 +0200

Hello Nicholas,

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014, at 00:25, Nicholas Boel wrote:
> I've been trying to get the right combination of command line options in
> order to create free flowing text (with no hardwraps) that fits the
> width of my screen [...]

Currently nano is not able to do that.  But there is a patch that
makes softwrap break lines between words instead of in the middle
of them.  See the patch in this message:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2014-07/msg00023.html

Apply that patch to SVN or to the latest version (2.3.6) and compile.
Then run src/nano and see if it does what you want.  If you find any
issues with it, please report.

Benno