help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Compile for PowerPC

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Compile for PowerPC
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 10:22:53 +0100

Hello Josu,

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015, at 21:27, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> I love nano and I want to use it in my satellite receiver, it is based
> in PowerPC. [...]
>
> I have no idea how to compile it.

Have you untarred a nano tarball, entered its directory and read
the README file, the section on "How to compile and install nano"?

It should be simple: ./configure && make && sudo make install.
The configure phase will likely fail at some point.  Then try
to figure out which package is missing on your system and
install it.  Then try ./configure again.  If you can't deduce
which package is missing, post the last twenty lines or so of
./configure output.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Same, same, but different...