help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Compile for PowerPC

From: Josu Lazkano
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Compile for PowerPC
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:00:44 +0200

> Hello Josu,
>
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2015, at 21:27, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>> I love nano and I want to use it in my satellite receiver, it is based
>> in PowerPC. [...]
>>
>> I have no idea how to compile it.
>
> Have you untarred a nano tarball, entered its directory and read
> the README file, the section on "How to compile and install nano"?
>
> It should be simple: ./configure && make && sudo make install.
> The configure phase will likely fail at some point.  Then try
> to figure out which package is missing on your system and
> install it.  Then try ./configure again.  If you can't deduce
> which package is missing, post the last twenty lines or so of
> ./configure output.
>
> Benno
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.com - Same, same, but different...

Thanks Benno,

Sorry for the late reply.

I can not compile in the satellite receiver, there is no compilation
tools there. I want to use the toolchain for that, but I don't know
how to do it.

I know that people use the toolchain to compile some software for the
satellite receiver, but I don't know how to do it.

Kind regards.

--
Josu Lazkano