help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] How to change nano background color

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] How to change nano background color
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 17:45:24 +0100

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015, at 22:40, Matthew Hebley wrote:
> Version 2.0.6 (from Apple) works as expected, except for a bunch of
> errors reading the rc files (that I have installed for syntax formatting).

You can suppress those errors by adding 'set quiet' at the top
of your .nanorc file.  But maybe it doesn't work for versions as
old as 2.0.6 -- I don't know when the option 'quiet' was added.

> > If the original version behaves the way you want, backgroundwise,
> > then compile and run 2.3.2 and 2.3.3, and see how each of those
> > behaves.  (You don't have to install them; you can run them in
> > their source tree with 'src/nano'.)  Then please report back.
>
> Version 2.3.2, 2.3.3, and 2.4.2 all behave the same as 2.4.1 (black
> background).

> Version 2.2.6 works as expected, except for a bunch of errors reading
> the rc files (that I have installed for syntax formatting).

Okay.  If you still have the energy, then please also try 2.3.0, and
if that works as you wish, then also 2.3.1, so that we can narrow it
down to a specific version change.

> I will use 2.2.6 and try to figure out how to get rid of the warnings.

For suppressing the warnings, see above.

>> What is your default background colour for the terminal?
>
> Blue.

How do you set this background colour?  Which commands?  Or is
it a setting in xfce4-terminal?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - mmm... Fastmail...