help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Soft wrapping and then some..

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Soft wrapping and then some..
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:12:04 +0100

Hello Nick,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016, at 15:49, Nick wrote:
> Hey all, I was just wondering if there was a way to softwrap using word
> boundaries?

Currently nano is not able to do that.  A patch for it was posted
more than two years ago by Mark Majeres [1] but it was too invasive
for me to apply it then, and too many things have changed since then
for it to apply any longer.  But... David is working on the softwrap
code at the moment, so the ability to wrap at word boundaries might
be added in a not-too-far-off future.  If you want, you can post a
feature request on Savannah [2].

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2014-07/msg00023.html
[2] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=nano

Benno