help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Shift+Cursor keys in tmux

From: Andreas Schamanek
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Shift+Cursor keys in tmux
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:28:47 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018, at 12:12, Benno Schulenberg wrote:

However, it is still not working within tmux. For instance ^Left/Right + Shift-Left/Right work everywhere for me, in xterm, in lilyterm, even in a screen session, just not in a tmux. So far I tried different TERM settings
and `set -g xterm-keys on` but to no avail.

That should be 'setw', not 'set'.  Putting

 setw -g xterm-keys on

in ~/.tmux.conf makes the modified arrow keys work for me.

'setw' is what I had tried 1st, then using trial+error I tried 'set'. Apparently, both works, as I could just verify on a Debian Stretch. So, again, it's just my old Debian Jessie servers where it doesn't work. Now that I know I can easily accept it since I'll upgrade them
pretty soon, anyway.

Thanks for your input!

--
-- Andreas