help-ncurses

terminfo-problem

From: Vishal V Soni
Subject: terminfo-problem
Date: 27 Mar 2003 08:50:58 -0000

Hello friends,

I am a newbie in linux internals. I have redhat 8 sys. running. I have made an application in ncurses but it is not displaying the borders of window and instead it shows q's and x's when my TERM=gnome. I changed terminal to TERM=linux then it shows | and - but not borders. I tried changing to all the available terminals and also adding ac,as line in termcap and then compiling it to terminfo but then also no result. Can any one get me out of this dilemma. Also can any one tell that if I write as=^N (means start anternate character) then how to actually start it just by pressing ^N from keyboard or what, I read on net that add this command but how to actually enable it?.

Please reply me asap.

your buddy
Vishal Soni
Odomos - the only  mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn