help-ncurses

made

From: Samson Dalton
Subject: made
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:47:35 +0200

When we had our pageant, the grass didnt recover tillautumn .
There it was, black, swollen, ontop of them. Streatfield to exorcizethis evil, to extend the protection of his cloth.
Nothing was heard but the chump of jaws and the chink ofglasses.
Therewas a time, Sir John, when you and I were always first on top. Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us God save the KingThe notes died away.
Time went on and on like the hands ofthe kitchen clock.
How long was she going to keep them waiting? This is death, death, death, she noted in themargin of her mind; when illusion fails. They folded their hands in the traditional manner as if they wereseated in church.
Then again, as the play or pageantproceeded, my attention was distracted.
They dont need to dress up if its present time.
Or for the matter of that book learning;or skilful practice on pianos; or laying on of paint.
Time went on and on like the hands ofthe kitchen clock. I call upon one of the young ladies for a song.
Manresa reproved her little boy,her surly hero.
Always some coldeye crawled over the surface like a winter blue-bottle! Where theminer sweats, and the maiden faith is rudely strumpeted. Excited by the uproar, scurrying and worrying, here they came!
It might be true, perhaps, of theVictorians; but surely not of ourselves? And buying shares in the market to sell em.
Thats the man, Cobbet ofCobbs Corner, who wins all the prizes at all the shows.
Lets hope to God thats the end, said Giles gruffly. Coming back from a Ball,past the clock at Hyde Park Corner, dyou remember the feel of whitegloves?
And little England, still a child, sucked a peppermint drop out ofa bag. Be it never so humble,theres no place like Ome.
Therewas a time, Sir John, when you and I were always first on top. My father remembered the old Duke in the Park. All you can see of yourselves is scraps, orts and fragments?
They weresuspended, without being, in limbo. Isa, whose eyes had been wandering, shook her head.