Re: How to quad("sin(a*sin(x))*sin(x)",0,pi/2)?

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: How to quad("sin(a*sin(x))*sin(x)",0,pi/2)?
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 95 07:51:56 CST

#
# Now I know this won't work as written but I'd like to do something like:
#
# quad("sin(a*sin(x))*sin(x)",0,pi/2)
#
# and loop over various values of "a".  How can I do this?
#
# If I could "define" a function from the command line I could keep
# changing the definition in a loop.  Is this possiable?
#
# Perhaps a could do some fancy "printf" to a file that defines the function,
# but this seems way convoluted.
#

why don't you use a global variable to keep the value of "a" and use that
in your "defined" function?

--vinayak-
/*
 * vinayak dutt
 * ex-graduate student, ultrasound research
 * mayo graduate school, rochester mn
 *
 * e-mail: address@hidden
 *         address@hidden