Memory leak under Linux???

From: Dan Eldred
Subject: Memory leak under Linux???
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 96 15:04:13 PST

I am encountering a pretty severe memory leak under Linux;
each time I rerun a program that makes plots, Octave grabs
another 1 meg of memory until all memory is used up.  The
version of Gnuplot is 3.5, patchlevel 3.50.1.17.  The Linux
kernel is 2.1.13 (ELF).  Before I kill time investigating this
further, I have to ask the group if anyone else has encountered
this problem.

BTW I ran the same m-file on a Sun running SunOS and Octave 1.1.1,
and didn't encounter the memory leak.

Thanks, Dan    address@hidden