Re: SPARC+LINUX?

From: Peter Speier
Subject: Re: SPARC+LINUX?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 18:21:58 -0500

> Is it possible to install Octave onto Sparcstation 5 (Sun4M) running Linux
> 4.2 (kernel 2.0) ?

I compiled octave.2.0.9 on a Sparc 10 running RH4.2 without substantial
problems.
(I think, only two standard links didn't exist *).

It seems to work fine, although I didn't test it carefully.

Peter Speier

* Unfortunately I buried the sheet with the installation notes
somewhere. Probably I will spot it immediately after pressing the <send>
button, but right now I can't find it. Likely the missing links were the
three (not two) following links that were created at the day of the
compilation:

        /usr/lib/X11 -> /usr/X11R6.1/lib/X11
        /usr/include/asm -> /usr/src/linux/include/asm-sparc
        /usr/include/linux -> /usr/src/linux/include/linux