Re: an octave unix execution question

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: an octave unix execution question
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:26:31 -0500 (EST)

It is much easier to use another feature of Octave. Write a file as the
following (without the indentation I added for readability)

        #!/usr/local/bin/octave -q
        start_my_stuff;

and save it as 'my_octave_script.m'. Also do a 'chmod 755 my_octave_script.m'

This assumes that your Octave binary sits in /usr/local/bin/octave. The -q
just suppresses the start-up message. This also assumes that 'start_my_stuff'
is the name of the Octave function the user used to type before backgrounding
Octave via ctrl-z.

Et voila: you now have an Octave command that you can run just any other Unix
command by saying 'my_octave_script.m'. Including starting it via at(1),
batch(1), cron(8) or whatever mechanism you like.

--
address@hidden                 According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd      43% of all statistics are totally worthless.