DLD function again

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: DLD function again
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:31:54 -0600 (CST)

On 12-Nov-1998, Suttipan Limanond <address@hidden> wrote:

| How can I include several DLD functions in the same file?

You can define more than one function in a .oct file.  To get Octave
to find them, you need to make more than one link to the .oct file in
the filesystem.  For example,

  ln minmax.oct min.oct
  ln minmax.oct max.oct

The names should match the names of the functions defined by the
DEFUN_DLD macros (so the minmax.oct file isn't really needed -- I
should probably just call it min.oct or max.oct, but I just can't
decide, so I leave it alone).  I think that the links should be hard
links, not symbolic links.

| I tried it, but octave flaged an error.  The `min' and `max' function
| are defined in the same file (minmax.cc) and seem to work well.

What error?  It works for me.  I can build .oct files that define more
than one function using mkoctfile.

| On the other note, I tried creating the `oregonator.oct' and started octave.
| When I first typed:
|
| octave:1> oregonator ([1, 2, 3], 0)
|
| I got the following error:
|
| error: FSoregonator__Fv: `Undefined symbol'
| error: evaluating index expression near line 1, column 1
|
| But on the second try, it worked !! (I checked this several time)
| Can someone point out what I am missing?

Probably not without more information, like the kind of things that
normally belong in bug reports.  If you're not sure, read the Bugs
chapter in the Octave manual.  Then will you please submit a complete
bug report for this problem to the bug-octave mailing list?

Thanks,

jwe