Readline (was ... replay history)

From: Dirk Laurie
Subject: Readline (was ... replay history)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:15:54 +0200 (SAT)

John W. Eaton wrote:

> For now though, do the history and run_history commands, or the
> reverse searching feature in readline (C-r) help?

C-r is useful: I hadn't thought of it.  Thanks.

While we are on the topic of readline: those of us who come to
Linux via MSDOS rather than Sun or DEC Unix'es set up our xterm's
so Delete erases the character under the cursor instead of the one
to the left of it, which Backspace also deletes.

The way I do it is by putting an entry
  DEL: delete-char
in my ~/.inputrc file in the part dealing with an xterm.
According to the readline manpage, readline is initialized
from that file.

Unfortunately Octave seems to override the xterm settings.
Is there any way to get Octave to make the Delete key do
delete-char in Octave?

Dirk