lsode problem

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: lsode problem
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 21:09:23 -0600 (CST)

On 26-Nov-1998, Suttipan Limanond <address@hidden> wrote:

| I wonder if someone can help me with this `lsode' problem.
|
| I am trying to use the `oregonator.oct' with lsode, as follows:
|
| | octave:4> y = lsode("oregonator", x, t)

What are the values of x and t here?  X should be a 3-element vector
and t shoould be some vector of positive real numbers with increasing
values.  Since there is no error checking in the oregonator function,
it can crash Octave if you give it bogus parameters.

| On the other hand, when I called `lsode' without any arguments, I got the
| message
|
| | panic: impossible state reached in file `pt-fvc.cc' at line 603
| | error: Abort trap -- stopping myself...
| | attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
| | save to `octave-core' complete
|
| | Abort trap (core dumped)
|
| instead of the `lsode' usage information.

Are you sure you were calling lsode without any arguments?  When I do
that, I get the lsode help message.  Could it have been that you
actually called oregonator without arguments?

jwe