Writing binary data files to be loaded into Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Writing binary data files to be loaded into Octave
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 03:38:29 -0600 (CST)

On 12-Jan-2000, Shaun Cloherty <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'm writing a modeling application, and would like to be able to
| dump state information to a binary file, either in Matlab format or
| native Octave binary format, so I can later load it into Octave for
| analysis. I see the source code to do this is in
| src/load-save.h(.cc), and nm'ing
| /usr/lib/octave-2.0.14/liboctinterp.so shows that the routines are
| contained in that library..... my question is, is it possible to
| simply link my application against liboctinterp.so to access the
| load/save routines??

Probably possible, yes, but you may have to link to a lot of other
unwanted stuff.  Extracting the code to use in some stand alone
program is always possible too, but might not be very easy either.

Sorry, this code was never really intended to be used outside of
Octave...

If you do use it, just remember that it is GPL'd.

jwe