Re: sort index ordering

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: sort index ordering
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 10:34:08 +0200

"John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>:
   Yes, I want Octave's sort algorithm to be stable, which is why Octave
   uses algorithm 5.2.4L from Knuth, Volume 3 (noted in the comments for
   sort.cc) instead of something quick and simple like qsort from the C
   library, which is not guaranteed to be stable.

I think that this feature of the sort algorithm should be documented in
the manual.

--
Francesco Potortì (researcher)         Voice:    +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
Area della ricerca CNR - CNUCE         Fax:      +39 050 3138091