Re: qz

From: Gerald Marewo
Subject: Re: qz
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:43:27 +0200

Musi we Tue, Jun 2000 nenguva dza 01:59:28PM +0200, Dirk Laurie akati:

> > try :> help qzval
> >
> > compute generalized eigenvalues of the matrix pencil (A - lambda B).
> > A and B must be real matrices.

The problem is that it only computes eigenvalues. I also want to
obtain the corresponding eigenvectors.

> In Octave 2.1.30 I get:

I am using

        GNU Octave, version 2.0.16 (i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1)

Looks much older than the version Dirk Laurie is using. Is the
version I am using too old?

> |ยป help qzval
> |qzval is the user-defined function from the file
> |/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.30/m/control/obsolete/qzval.m

Obsolete?

> `qz' is a built-in function whereas `qzval' is an m-file.

Does qz come with .16?

> `qz' can compute generalized eigenvectors whereas `qzval' only
> computes eigenvalues.

which is exactly what I want.

Do I have to upgrade to .30 or some thing?

--
Gerald Marewo address@hidden Sample SETUP Files for these programs:
X (Xdefaults); elm, fvwm2, IRC, lynx, mutt, ncftp2, nn, procmail, screen,