Normal test

From: Hendrik Naumann
Subject: Normal test
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:03:00 +0200

Hi

I want to test if my data (in fact a distribution calcutated with a
monte-carlo simulation) satisfy the normal distribution.

I tried somthing like that

load data; # about 18000 values
normdis = randn(length(data),1) .* std(data) + mean(data));

[pval, chisq, df] = chisquare_test_homogeneity (data, normdis,
linspace(min(data), max(data), 40));

I'm not very shure if that makes sense at all, because I do not
understand the code of the chisquare_test_homogeneity function.

If it makes sense, I still have the problem that the results vary
rather strong, because I create the normal distribution with
randomnumbers.

Is there an other function I can use?

Thanks Hendrik Naumann