Re: gnuplot out fails to get sent to file

From: Phil Cummins
Subject: Re: gnuplot out fails to get sent to file
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:38:21 +0900

Thanks very much, Mats. Calling `set terminal` before `set output`
gets the gnuplot output sent to the file. Oddly, the second replot
command which should be sending X11 output back to the X11 gnuplot
window still sends postscript output to the terminal, even when
the correct order for `set terminal` and `set output` are
used. But I can live without the second replot command, as
long as my postscript gets sent to the file. Thanks again!

By the way, I get exactly the same behavior using the "figfig"
function, for sending xfig output to a file, which was recently
posted to this list. The same fix works for that function as well.

Phil R Cummins                                 address@hidden
Frontier Research for Subduction Dynamics  tel(i/d):81/0-468-67-3393
JAMSTEC, 2-15 Natsushima-cho               fax(i/d):81/0-468-67-3409
Yokosuka 237-0061, Japan              http://w3.jamstec.go.jp:5090/