Fwd: Re: NT, Octave and Cygwin

From: Tom Weichmann
Subject: Fwd: Re: NT, Octave and Cygwin
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:31:24 -0400

The Octave for windows package that you have downloaded is not intended for
users of Cygwin.  I built two packages, one for people who could not care a
less how octave was running on their windows box, and one for people who do
care, and use cygwin for other stuff as well.  Goto my site for the details

http://members.localnet.com/~tomcw

(yes this is new, I am no longer in college, and therefore no longer have
access to techresearch.buffalostate.edu/~tom where this was previously
located)

ONE PROBLEM:

When I released Octave for windows cygwin was in its 1.1.x stage.  The
windows install, and the tar.gz binary for cygwin users are built using
cygwin 1.1.x.  This is not outdated as cygwin has reached 1.3.x.  I have
not yet tested my package on 1.3.x, so if you try it please let me know how
it goes.

If it does not work, just download the source, and build it your self.  I
did not do any source modifications, I just packaged it to try to help
others!!

Hope this helps,

Tom Weichmann