embedding function

From: Q. Peter He
Subject: embedding function
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 09:51:52 -0500

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a code which deals with embedding functions:

Here is my code test.m

#!/usr/bin/octave -qH

type=str2num(nth(argv,1));

if type == 1
   test1(argv);
else
   test2(argv);
endif

function test1(...)
   argv
endfunction

function test2(...)
  argv
endfunction

When I tried to run this code, I got the following message:

error: 'test1' undefined near line 4 column 3
error: evaluating index expression near line 4, column 3
error: evaluating if command near line 3, column 1

I heard that Octave actually support such type of embedding functions.
Should I define a main function some where?

Thank you!

Peter