rlocus

From: Torsten Howard
Subject: rlocus
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:29:06 -0500

Hello,

I went and tried to do a simple rlocus this evening, but it wasn't simple.

I'll put a transcipt at the end of the page, how do I make this work?

Torsten

octave:1> num = [1];
octave:2> den = [1 6 11 6];
octave:3> rlocus(num,den)
error: Asys must be a system data structure (see ss2sys, tf2sys, zp2sys)
error: evaluating if command near line 45, column 3
error: called from `sys2tf' in file
`/opt/octave/share/octave/2.1.35/m/control/system/sys2tf.m'
error: called from `rlocus' in file
`/opt/octave/share/octave/2.1.35/m/control/base/rlocus.m'
octave:3> help rlocus
rlocus is the user-defined function from the file
/opt/octave/share/octave/2.1.35/m/control/base/rlocus.m

 - Function File:  rlocus (INPUTS)
     [rldata, k] = rlocus(sys[,increment,min_k,max_k])
     Displays root locus plot of the specified SISO system.

            -----   ---     --------
        --->| + |---|k|---->| SISO |----------->
            -----   ---     --------        |
            - ^                             |
              |_____________________________|

     inputs: sys = system data structure
     min_k, max_k,increment: minimum, maximum values of k and
     the increment used in computing gain values
     Outputs: plots the root locus to the screen.
     rldata: Data points plotted column 1: real values, column 2: imaginary
     values)
     k: gains for real axis break points.

Additional help for built-in functions, operators, and variables
is available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`help -i <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/octave.html and via the
octave:4> help sys

help: sorry, `sys' is not documented

Additional help for built-in functions, operators, and variables
is available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`help -i <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/octave.html and via the
octave:5>