plot to file from executable script

From: Pieter Thysebaert
Subject: plot to file from executable script
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:56:58 +0100

Hi,

I've created an executable octave script to control my calculations;

what's happening is this:

hold on;

for k=min:max
    <calculate data(k)>
    <create title(k)>
     plot data(k) t title(k)
endfor

(this draws in an x11 window as it's calculations proceed)

Now, I've appended these lines to the code (that's: after the for-loop)

gset terminal postscript eps enhanced color
gset output "output.eps"
replot

However, this seems to spit out the postscript code to stdout (and I wanted
it in "output.eps") (and simply running "./scriptfile > output.eps" gathers
ALL output (not just the graph) in the file)

Why is that, and how do I get  the output where I want i.e. why doesn't
replot do what I was thinking it would do when in non-interactive mode ?

Pieter