Re: How to input tabular data through a form?

From: Miquel Cabanas
Subject: Re: How to input tabular data through a form?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:31:33 +0100

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:26:38AM -0800, Henry F. Mollet wrote:
> octave:1> A = aload("Workbook1.csv", Inf, Inf, ",")
> error: `aload' undefined near line 1 column 5
>
> I assume that means that I have to download the 'aload'
> function but how to I get into the ftp site: User ID =?,
> Password =?, Account =?

none of these is required. Just type

ftp://ftp.ci.tuwien.ac.at/pub/octave/

into your favourite web browser (Netscape and MS-IExplorer
are probably the most popular ones) and you'll be there.
Then, click on top of the file "octave-ci.tar.gz" and it
should immediately begin to download into your computer.
You will need 'gunzip' and 'tar' to decompress and extract
it, though I seem to recall modern versions of zip programs
do handle it. In case of need, let me know and I will
transform it into a zip file and send it to you by email
(it's rather small).

Alternatively, you can open an anonymous ftp session with
user "anonymous" or "ftp" and your email address as password.
Then "cd" into "pub/octave" and download the file with "get".
Make sure you set the transfer mode to binary.

Miquel

--
SeRMN, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (address@hidden)