fscanf

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: fscanf
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:55:07 -0500

On 28-Jul-2003, Nathan Weisz <address@hidden> wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I am quite new to Octave and testing some of my Matlab functions. A
| pretty important one reads offline-analyzed EEG/MEG-data (BESA
| avr-format).
| The first line of this file-type includes data-acquisition information
| (e.g. sampling rate, offset). Using the strtok-function provided by P.
| Kienzle I have no problems reading these.
|
| However when it comes to reading the actual data, Octave returns an
| empty matrix.
| The procedure is as follows:
| octave:192> [data,count] = fscanf(fid, "%f", [nr_timepoints, Inf])
| data = [](0x1)
| count = 0
|
| --> where nr_timepoints = 70
| --> various attempts (e.g. using " instead of ' failed
| --> there seem to be no problem with the fid
| octave:193> fid
| fid =
| {
|    id = 11
|    name = /Studien/AUF/MNE/kon8/kon8_6000SSF.avr
|    mode = r
|    arch = native
|    status = open
| }
|
| This is probably a pretty simple promblem, however I seem to naive to
| solve it quickly. Does somebody have a quick hint?

If you want help, please provide enough information so that someone
reading your message could actually reproduce the problem.  If you
think you've found a bug, please submit a complete bug report.  If
you're not sure what to include in a bug report so that it is useful,
please read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html before submitting your
report.

Thanks,

jwe