Re: lsim vs. filter for simulation in Octave 2.1.50

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: lsim vs. filter for simulation in Octave 2.1.50
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:01:18 -0600

Actually, my parameterization gives me exactly the same impulse response
as the parameterization you present.  However, I wasn't actually trying
for an ARMAX model, but rather a 1st order OE (output error) model with
input feedthrough at zero lag (i.e.

  ^         1         ^         1
  y(n) = - SUM a(k+1) y(n-k) + SUM b(k+1) x(n-k)
           k=1                 k=0

So I am even more confused than before.  Thanks for your help though.

-EJR