Re: Realtime cost of call by value

From: Glenn Golden
Subject: Re: Realtime cost of call by value
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:25:07 -0700

John,

I'm updating the other matrix types with this 'fast global' stuff,
and I want make sure I do the uniqification correctly. In the code you
originally posted, you defined the Matrix::matrix_reference() as

  Matrix&
  Matrix::matrix_reference (void)
  {
    matrix.make_unique ();
    return *this;
  }

When I originally compiled this (dMatrix.cc), I got an undefined
ref on 'matrix', which I assumed was due to some missing header
file or something, which I couldn't readily ascertain at the time.
So for the purposes of initial testing, I just changed it from
matrix.make_unique() to make_unique() under the assumption that
the right method would be called (which it is). But now I need to
was the "missing" header file, but I just tried it out, and 'matrix'
is still undef.  What's the correct way to take care of this?

Glenn