Re: GMP + Octave Interpreter

From: Tomer Altman
Subject: Re: GMP + Octave Interpreter
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 08:04:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your comments. See my reply below:

On Nov 3, 2003 at 12:39am, address@hidden wrote:

pkienz >I imagine the octave-forge community is much smaller.
pkienz >There is no way to determine the size of either
pkienz >community since anyone can redistribute the
pkienz >packages.
pkienz >
pkienz >The better solution to my mind is an archive of octave
pkienz >extensions tied directly into octave so that users
pkienz >can discover what packages are available and
pkienz >download them as needed.  However, to date nobody
pkienz >has put such a beast together.

Wait, I don't follow you here. You mean instead of the Octave-Forge
index, there should be a menu of extensions to Octave ("*.oct files")
that are bundled with the main distro, and those that are provided by
Octave-Forge, for means of comparison? I'm confused.

Thanks,

~Tomer

pkienz >
pkienz >Paul Kienzle