Re: appending data in a binary file

From: taltman
Subject: Re: appending data in a binary file
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:39:59 +0000 (UTC)

Fresh from the oven! :-)

Attached, please find my M-file named "apend_save.m" .

function: append_save
arguments: 3+additional
1st: string for file name
2nd: string for options to pass to load & save ( i.e., "-binary" )
3rd: a 1x2 cell with the first cell element being a string for the
variable name, and the 2nd cell being the variable value.
4th: can accept additional cells of the same format as "3rd" above.

Exampe:

octave> A = zeros(2,2);
octave> save -binary "test.txt" A
octave> clear A
octave> B = ones(2,2);
octave> append_save( "test.txt", "-binary", {"B", B } )
octave> clear B
octave> A
error: `A' undefined near line 147 column 1
octave> B
error: `B' undefined near line 147 column 1
octave> load -binary "test.txt"
octave> A
A =
  0  0