convhulln with joggle option

From: Pedro Tarrafeta
Subject: convhulln with joggle option
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:04:32 -0600

Hi,

Actually this is not a question but rather an answer to the question I've been
looking thru and couldn't find.

I use the geometry package, specially the convhulln function. By default, this
function calls the qhull library without the QJ option (joggle input option).
In the case of coplanar points in a facet it kept giving me errors (memory
panic and kickin me out). Since I needed this I've been searching how to do
it. Althogh it might seem obvious for someone more knowledgeable than I, this
might help others.

Find the file:
        convhulln.cc
Look for line that says:
        sprintf(flags,"qhull s Tcv");
and change it to:
        sprintf(flags,"qhull s QJ Tcv");
Compile either with mkoctfile or make.

Copy the newly created convhulln.oct to the desired directory in octave's
loadpath.

Regards,
Pedro