Compiling Octave on Tru64 Unix

From: THOMAS Paul Richard
Subject: Compiling Octave on Tru64 Unix
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:10:40 +0100

Dear Alexander,

Did you get there in the end with your attempt to compile Octave on Tru64
Unix?

At the moment, I have got as far as to uncover a system problem during
configure, which out IT types are trying to deal with(see below).  However,
I am aware that this is only the first step.

Any comments or help that you or anybody else has would be gratefully
received.

Paul Thomas

(cxx is producing object files in which the symbol table is not last.  This
is a peril of working on a centralised network like this; I don't think that
anyone has ever tried to use cxx on the particular machine on which I work!
Distributions are compiled and linked on a machine that is invisible to me.)

---