Re: Uninstalling windows octave destroyed my cygwin installation!

From: Tom Weichmann
Subject: Re: Uninstalling windows octave destroyed my cygwin installation!
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:08:12 -0800

OFW uses cygwin and therefore uses the same registry entries for its mount
table.  Quite sometime ago now, the OFW ppl created their own version of
cygwin which uses a different reg entry for it mount table.  With that said
the only way that this could have happened is if you downloaded a VERY old
version of octave for windows.  The only other way anything could have
happened is if YOU decided to install them both into the same directory.  I
am not sure, but this might cause problems too.  To fix your problem you can
either go into your sys reg and fix your mount table, or you can use Cygwin's
mount command via a DOS prompt, which will make the reg entries for you.  If
XEmacs is still a problem try uninstalling / reinstalling it.

Tom Weichmann