Re: bivariate linear Regression with correlated errors

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: bivariate linear Regression with correlated errors
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:18:17 -0500 (EST)

   on 2/25/04 5:55 AM, Andreas Gaab at address@hidden wrote:
   ..
   > -my data set is bivariate with highly correlated errors.
   > -I need to calculate a weighted linear regression with a standard error on
the slope
   > -wpolyfit.m takes only  dy ...
   > and my knowlege is too small to use basic statistics.

I vaguely remembered that there has been some work on that; I did a search, and
came up with a direct hit to a reference (see below). Holy Smoke! that was me!

Note also other articles in this thread:

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=1990Sep3.233745.40%40cunixf.cc.columbia.edu

in particular, the last article by Todd Green, Department of
Chemistry, University of Western Australia <address@hidden>