Re: uniq -c

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: uniq -c
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:45:47 -0400

On Aug 27, 2004, at 1:13 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

These names are also available in Octave-forge.  It looks like the
functions in Octave-forge would not need much work to be included in
the core Octave distribution.  I'm not sure what the differences are
between these:

  octave        octave-forge

  create_set    unique
  intersection  intersect
  union         union

create_set/intersection always returns a row vector.
unique/intersect/union returns a vector of the same orientation
as the input, with a preference for column vector if given a matrix.

create_set does not accept 'rows' argument for unique rows.

union is not part of octave-forge.

The octave-forge functions were compatible with R11 I think.  I haven't
checked recently.

- Paul