Re: Symbolic expand function doesn't always do anything

From: edA-qa mort-ora-y
Subject: Re: Symbolic expand function doesn't always do anything
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:37:50 +0200

Jonathan Stickel wrote:
Have you considered using a true CAS, e.g. Maxima?  Or do you interface
your symbolic results with octave numerics?

My main use of such a system has always been numerics, but now I seem to be going into the realm of symbolics a lot more (always needing numeric solutions at the end though).

I must admit though, I truly don't understand why there is a separation between tools such as Octave and Maxima. Why would I choose to use one over the other?

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Idea Architect